It’s that time of year so here’s a quick blog post so that I can track how well I achieve my goals for 2010
My goals for 2010 are pretty simple.
- Spend more time with my daughter
- Finish reading my PowerShell In Action book
- Help run and market a very successful year of the App Dev Virtual Chapter for PASS
- Not Die
- (It’s George Carlin’s secret to life after all)
- Get certified in Hyper-V: Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization
- Do at least 4 different speaking engagements on at least 5 different topics
- (meaning: User Group, Lunch-N-Learn, SQL Saturday, SQL Lunch, Code Camp??)
- Use PowerPivot at least once before May
- Read a second PowerShell book from cover-to-cover
- Get at least one report to do something/anything with Map Point 2009
- Show the value of community so that I can get my company to pay to send me to the PASS Summit once again.
- Write a scathing review on every book that I read
- Just checking to see if you’re really paying attention
- Get every db in my current company upgraded to SQL Server 2008 SP2
- Get my backyard back under control
- Convince PASS to move the 2011 Summit to somewhere within the Eastern or Central Time Zones.
- And of course: drop 20 pounds.
And why am I bothering to post this you might ask? Well I hear the way to make God laugh is to tell him your plan. 🙂