I’m presenting at the PASS Summit today and just wanted to post the scripts I plan on using. If you’re following along and you’re new to PowerShell I recommend that you have a look at this article I wrote earlier this year: Day Zero with PowerShell
- Table Size
- Store Results
- Compress Tables
- Compress Indexes
- Store Results
- Process Cube
- Backup Database –PassThru
- Download Denali CTP
- Grab Configuration Info
- New Get-DisksSpace try to pass from Reg servers w/ Group
- Email Space Report
- CSV with Bulk Insert
- Import CSV with Out-DataTable
- Allen Kinsel – Logs
- SQL Saturday – Navigate Event Schedule XML
Thanks to everyone who took the time to check out my PowerShell Grab Bag session today for the PowerShell Virtual Chapter of PASS. Here’s a zip of all the code that I used and the two links I promised to include.
Sorry for the late notice folks but I will be Presenting for the PowerShell Virtual Chapter of PASS today at Noon Eastern. Today’s session is just going to be a bunch of cool things that I’ve been working on lately but haven’t gotten a chance to present or blog about yet. I’m still working on one last script but I’ll post the code before the session if I can. Hope to see you there!
PowerShell Grab Bag
Wednesday December 15, 2010, 12 Noon Eastern Time (GMT -5)
Live Meeting Information Join the meeting
In this short grab bag session we’ll go over a bunch of new scripts that I’ve built over the last few weeks. Things like:
- checking free space on mount points,
- checking SQL agent for failed jobs,
- polling instances to make sure they’re available,
- checking the status of log shipping across multiple targets,
- emailing result sets and
- scheduling all these with SQL Agent.
- Checking remote registries (including why on earth you would ever want to do that?!).
- Zipping files, even better, we’ll go over how to not zip files that have already been zipped.
- The final grab from this session: for all the Summit attendees out there, I’ll share with you my script to download all the session videos from the 2010 Summit