First Session Down, Second One This Saturday

You may also like...

6 Responses

1. Peter says:

Aaron,
    Do you have code snippets you can share? I’m wondering about doing a VC presentation on Powershell, but am trying to get some ideas on where it’s useful for DB Devs as opposed to DBA’s. I have some ideas, but they’re extremely current-job specific. 🙂 I’d love to know more about what you presented and how. Did you use Powershell ISE? Straight command line? Other?

Also wanted to say thanks for the recommended books and sharing your PPT deck. The books have been added to my reading list. Picked up Powershell in Action v2 MEAP for the 40% deal @ Manning. Well worth it so far.

2. David Koth says:

SQL PASS had peaked my interest, but your session kicked me into motion. The following week I used it to do file cleanup of files via a UNC path and it worked great.

David Koth

3. Jeff Truman says:

Aaron,

Really enjoyed hanging out at SQLSat32. Your presentation was spot on and really a great job! Totally could not tell it was your first time presenting. Great Job!

Jeff Truman

4. Scott Gleason says:

I thought the session was great, I’ve been hearing a lot about PowerShell, but have not had time to research what the buzz was about.

I didn’t know and couldn’t tell that it was your first presentation.

🙂 Scott Gleason

PS..Loved the Draft Punk.

5. Aaron Nelson says:

Peter,

Sorry about not calling that out better. I made the link to my slide deck more obvious and I will be blogging about the actual code/scenarios used later this week as time permits.

6. Peter says:

Do you have any code samples available or anything else you can share for those of us not on the East Coast? 🙂 This sounds like it would be really useful. I’m trying to learn some Powershell, but having trouble figuring out some useful scenarios tying into the average work cycles of DB Devs.

Congrats on how well it went. Sounds like you had a great session.